Saturday, July 9, 2011

Delhi Belly, D.K.Bose and others....

Hi to everyone... Hope you are enjoying the Mumbai monsoons rains... :)

Well I just saw Delhi Belly and really thanked god that I had come to the movie with my friends. The level of language and expletives used in the movie can only make it a hit in a generation who think d.k.bose is a very good song as compared many songs..just because the way d.k.bose is used in the song. I am not in favor of having movies with expletives being made just because the younger generation wants to see it. I am also not a fanatic but definitely it is just wrong to "cleverly" use a combination of words which spoken in a loop sound like an Indian expletive.

I know all of you have heard, seen the song but still Click here to YouTube video of the song.


I have no problems with the movie as it is advertised as sex-comedy, I have problems with songs like d.k.bose being aired in prime time slots. How did the Censor board of India overlooked the fact that children of age 12-13 and below can hear this song, and with all the hoopla about the movie, they can ask their elders what d.k bose or bose d.k. mean.

Telling them the real meaning is not anyone wants to know. Some might say ki aaj kal toh har koi gaali deta hai. Well that is because they saw some one else doing so, felt it was cool and followed.
Small children learn and copy what their elders do. If you are gonna curse your way through every damn sentence, than fine, don`t be shocked when your 4-5 year old comes and greets you with the same words you unknowingly let out.

My generation (born in late 1980s and early 1990s) were fortunate enough to have that filter, through which information came through. If there is no one in your family that swears every sentence, you children would not learn it. My parents or the circle in which they took me, never used expletives, at least I didn`t heard them using it. Hence I don`t use profanities, though I admit I know a lot of them, but I don`t go around using them in every sentence.

My generation feels that using profanities, both Hindi and English are cool, the hip thing because they see it around them. If a person does not cuss, friends or peers ridicule him/her,(yes...girls can beat boys anytime when it comes to profanities...). Peer pressure is not limited to just drinking, smoking etc , it works hear also.

Films and TV are mediums that affects large number of people at the same time. Film makers need to show some responsibility what they are catering, because youth follows what their idols do on screen. A girl or a guy of 15-19 years of age mindlessly follow their role models, clothes, haircut, style etc.
Please keep that in mind while attempting to write another "D.K.Bose" in future for the sake of creativity.

I write what I think, the above post may sound like many other posts written on various blogs, newspapers,website. But I don`t think that many people of this generation, which loves such things would have written criticizing the song.

Just think of it, next time when a 4-5 yr old kid comes and ask u the meaning of D.K.Bose , you might not tell that kid, but he will eventually come to know and think at least for once how did they allow such song, in prime time?

Until next post... take care..and keep smiling

1 comment:

  1. True.... i can still recall how we use to change channel while eating with parents if something 'not to be seen' appears

    ReplyDelete